May 05, 2010

Life is Officially Imitating Art - 'Cept Uglier. . .



If you split the slit in your skirt getting into the car it might be a good idea to get back on the Weight Watchers no? in my defense, the skirt wasn't tight, I just kinda slid into the car in rather ungracefully.

But I had a good 50 minutes in traffic to contemplate the error of my ways. It also afforded me time to formulate a plan for getting into the house without my wardrobe malfunction exposing my Spanx to the entire neighborhood. (Slid the skirt around so it appears the skirt has a side slit. Albeit a slutty bizarro looking side slit but it's better than giving your neighbors a good look at your caboose while you drag in about 35 bags from the craft store.)

And after I figured out the split-slit twist, I had plenty of time to be painfully aware of the extra 20 pounds I'm carrying around. Why do I keep yo-yo-ing the same 15 pounds? Why can't I just be more disciplined? Why can't I get a stomach flu to get me a good head start?

Luckily before I had time to contemplate anything serious, I got a phone call. (Can you believe I had cell reception the entire way through the Fort McHenry tunnel?)

At the present? Sitting here mindlessly eating M&Ms. . .After all, the best diet ever is the one you start tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm there with ya. Just sub a 3x Martini for the M&M's and the Kcal's just multiply regardless of how many laps around the reservation one logs.

    ReplyDelete