April 10, 2010

Washington DC #249



I think a bigger lens would have offered more depth but I'm not sure. The most obnoxious thing about photographing stuff in DC v stuff in Baltimore? PEOPLE!

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing all the folks flock to DC to soak in all the history, art, culture. I love listening to all the different dialects and languages I hear in DC. I appreciate how significant DC is on various levels.

But MUST you mill about continually? MUST you allow your children to spit out gum on monuments and run wild? MUST you speak in the quiet areas of the monuments? MUST you BREAST FEED THERE?

Note Well: Lincoln Memorial should be visited EARLY in the morning before the masses start whipping out teets and you have to endure overhearing phrases like:

Mom to daughters: "Come over here, you should read this. Someday you'll have to memorize it for school."

Yes lady, that's exactly the reason why your daughters should read the Gettysburg address. Gawd forbid you seize a teachable moment, introduce them to a park ranger or otherwise impress upon them the historical significance of this material they may someday have to memorize.

No comments:

Post a Comment