June 29, 2009

Pelican #110

Art begins to imitate life. . .Dad said he has become infatuated with pelicans. . .I've had this little "gem" hiding in the bathroom linen closet for nearly a year. It's basically a tangled mess of heavy bodied latex paint and my creative insanity.

It didn't get rave reviews from C but I always kinda' liked it. It's thick, and messy, and inyourface!

This pelican is ready to gather heaven only knows what in that remarkable bill. . .and carry it for who knows how long and how far?!

He's my kind of pelican. I think he's my Father's kind of pelican too. Strong, compact, able to carry a considerable weight, across a considerable distance. . .Quiet and close. . .With you always.

Set a course and fly right.

Wholly unrelated:

Is anyone else re-loving Michael Jackson as much as I am? I feel like I can finally come out! They're playing it on local radio like they play Christmas music. I guess it's my dirty little secret that he was already on my iPod. Big puffy heart have always loved him.

No comments:

Post a Comment